The holidays are upon us and it’s time to get your shopping lists ready. BlueSprig Pediatrics, a national provider of ABA therapy for children with autism, knows that for gift-givers of cherished children with autism, finding the perfect little treasure may be challenging.
To help, they created a very special holiday gift guide, one specifically for children with autism and included some considerations as well!
Before hunting for the perfect item, a few things to consider are:
- Does the toy fit the child’s developmental age or stage?
- Does it reflect the child’s interests?
- Will they enjoy it?
If you are buying for a child other than your own, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask their parent what is on their child’s wish list this year! Just like all children, a child with autism’s interests and tastes constantly change and evolve.
Now onto the fun part!
Here is BlueSprig’s Gift Guide for Children with Autism list 2022!
- Snow Powder – product to just add water to create fluffy snow
- Sentence Building Game – interlock cards to create sentences
- Inflatable Ball Pit – small play area filled with soft plastic balls
- Sensory Bins
- Make music together
- Super Sensory Kit – includes different fidget toys/slime/play sand
- Light projector – displays colorful lights and shapes
- Water Beads – small beads that grow to a larger gel form when submerged in water
- Kinetic Sand – colorful sand that molds
- Play Doh
- Paint / Chalk / Crayons / Color Pencils
- Noise canceling headphones
- Handheld gaming device
- Handheld audio player
- Cozy Peapod – small inflatable cushion
- Rain sticks – creates a soothing noise
- Weighted Blankets
- White noise machine
- Night Light
- Sensory Swing
- Children Books
And always remember, the very best gift is love, attention and autism awareness and acceptance.
About BlueSprig Pediatrics and the BlueSprig family of companies
BlueSprig, founded in 2017, is a leading provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy services to children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). BlueSprig is committed to providing compassionate, individualized, and evidence-based behavior analysis treatment. Headquartered in Houston, TX, BlueSprig is a nationwide provider in ABA Therapy with 140 locations. For additional information about BlueSprig or to receive updates, visit www.bluesprigautism.com.