Britax Frontier Review: Pros & Cons To Consider
When shopping around for the best safety car seat for your child, it’s more or less like looking for a luxurious car. You need to consider a lot of factors such as design, safety, added features, and your budget among others to narrow down the best options for toddlers available out there.
Some child safety seats say that they are the safest, while others claim that they offer the best comfort or provides the most value. Any parent will get confused with so many options in the market. The innovative Britax Frontier G1.1 is a good-looking booster seat that combines comfort and safety at a higher price tag. But will the extra cost be worth it? That’s what we’ll find out on this article.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Crash test results are better compared to its competitors
- Provides unmatched safety levels
- Has a higher weight and height restrictions
- Features ClickTight for easy installation
- Can last up to nine years
- One of the most expensive booster car seat today
- It’s quite bulky and heavy
- Fabric is a bit rough
- Weight Limitation: 40 to 120 lbs (booster seat), 25 to 90 lbs (harness seat)
- Height Limitation: 45 to 62 inches (booster seat, 30 to 58 inches (harness seat)
- Seat Dimensions: 21in x 19in x 24in
- Seat Weight: 24.9 lbs
- Harness: 5-point harness
You can find a detailed description of the Britax Frontier and more information here.
There is no doubt that the Britax Frontier G1.1 is one of the most impressive combination car seats you can buy today and should be included in your safety seat list. Aside from its versatility and high weight and height restrictions, here are some of its notable features:
- ClickTight. Britax has this installation system on some of its car seat models including the Frontier G1.1. ClickTight ensures that the seat is always properly installed in an easy and simple way. This feature will tighten the seat’s strap for you instead of using your muscles to get the perfect tightness.
- Easy to adjust and very comfortable. Its harness has 9 various positions so your child can grow with the car seat. Switching from one position to another is as simple as a quick squeeze and lift. It also comes with a front adjust recline lever for reclining the seat to the comfort of your child. It also allows you to find the precise fit for your child. Moreover, it comes with an adjustable harness that you don’t need to rethread or reassemble.
- Safety features. The Frontier G1.1 excels in safety. The seat is embedded with a full steel frame which is specially designed to absorb impact. It is also enclosed with an energy-absorbing foam liner that aids in distributing the force of impact evenly in the event of an accident.
- Slim Design. The booster seat’s slim design makes it ideal for compact vehicles and if you have more than one safety seat in your vehicle’s back seat. Furthermore, the sides of the Frontier G1.1 are more open compared to other bigger seats.
- Vehicle seat protector. It is made from non-slip materials and can protect the car seat from markings and scratches, as well as catch spills, dirt, and crumbs.
- Cup holder. The seat has a set of built-in cup holders which means you cannot remove it. This machine-washable set is a good option if you’re after portability.
- Travel cart. If your family travels a lot, this is going to be a useful tool for you. As mentioned, the Britax Frontier is on the heavy side, and this accessory will make it easier for you to transport from the airport to your car.
If you’re not on a tight budget and want to provide your child with the best possible car seat around that can grow with him or her, the Britax Frontier G1.1 is a must consider. It is one of the leading car seats of its kind and exceeds most parent’s expectations in terms of safety and comfort. Although it’s pricier, it’s a good investment since it has a lifespan of 9 years, and its numerous excellent features overshadow its bulkiness.