As the seasons shift and the days become warmer, it’s also time to review your summer staples encapsulated through loose-fitting and breathable fabrics and lighter, brighter colors. Having your summer wardrobe stocked with some key pieces can help you stay chic and cool in the hotter months, and can allow you to curate several outfits with fewer clothes. From maxi dresses and beach bags, to sling-back sandals and sunglasses, these tips will help you build a summer wardrobe that makes you feel comfortable and stylish throughout this time of year.
Nothing says summer quite like an all-white outfit. Great for reflecting the searing heat from the sun’s rays, a white ensemble exudes a sense of elegance and timeless class that is perfectly captured through combinations such as linen pants and a white t-shirt, a white shirt dress and sandals or a white pair of jeans or denim shorts. Fresh and minimal, wearing all white during the summer months is a great way to look stylish and polished while staying cool.
Whether you’re planning a fun day at the beach with the kids or a summer vacation with friends, there are a variety of swimwear options available that can offer you the comfort and support you need while looking fashionable and flattering on your figure.
Aside from the two-piece bikini or tankini option, a sophisticated one-piece swimsuit can accentuate your curves while toning down your midsection. Many bathing suits come with built-in tummy control that offers support to your midsection and adds shape to your waist, giving the appearance of a slimmer, trimmer stomach. Look for ruching or boldly patterned swimwear which creates the illusion of a flatter tummy and can help you feel more comfortable and confident.
To help you transition effortlessly from the beach to the poolside bar or a restaurant, slip into a Dainty Jewells swim dress to keep you looking stylish and summer ready.
Summer is arguably the best season to elevate your style by showcasing your accessories. From oversized earrings and colorful head scarves to stylish summer hats and sunglasses, there is no shortage of items that can add a touch of color and creativity to complement your outfits and express your personality. Here are some great ways to accessorize your summer wardrobe:
- Jewelry: Summer is the perfect time to display your jewelry collection in all its glory. From chunky bracelets, bangles and pendants to hoop earrings and layered necklaces, allow your skin to showcase your favorite beads, gemstones and bold designs which may have been covered up in the colder months. Make the most of your sun kissed skin by wearing gold-colored jewelry which will shimmer in the midday sun as well as rose gold with its soft and subtle hues of pink that make the perfect accompaniment to the blazing colors of a summer sunset.
- Nail polish: Rather than your usual French manicure or nude nail polish, be adventurous and dare to try some of the latest summer nail colors to make your outfit pop and to add an element of decoration to your hands. From metallic gold and neon orange to hints of coral and hot pink, the sky’s the limit when it comes to your summer color palette.
- Summer hat: Adorning your head with a summer hat is a perfect example of fashion meeting function. From boaters to berets, straw hats to sombreros, wearing a hat not only looks effortlessly chic and adds a touch of mystery to your appearance but also protects your tresses from the damaging heat of the sun.
- Scarves: Unlike winter scarves which are designed to keep you warm, these summer variants are made from lightweight materials such as silk, cotton or linen and can instantly bring a splash of color and sophistication to your outfit. With an array of different prints, designs and colors ranging from floral to animal-inspired, switch up a simple outfit by draping a scarf around your neck or be creative and use it as a fashionable belt, a chic headscarf or an accent feature on your handbag.
- Sunglasses: No summer wardrobe would be complete without a stylish pair of sunglasses. More than just an accessory, this fashionable piece of eyewear will also protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays from the sun, making them essential wear for any trip outdoors. Knowing which frames suit your face is key to looking your best. Take a trusted friend with you when shopping for sunglasses, or do some research online to see which sunglasses styles suit your face shape.
Now that you know the basics, you’ll be ready to look comfortable and stylish all summer long!