Here are some quick things that I want my students’ parents to know. I’m sure this goes for ALL teachers.
1. Be honest… if life just got in the way of getting homework done or anything else, just tell us. We’re human, we understand.
2. Open house is NOT the time to ask how your child is doing in class. There is a reason why there is a conference sign up sheet at open house.
3. We aren’t perfect. We make mistakes, A LOT. Please be kind to us when you notice those mistakes.
4. Read with your child, read to your child. I can’t say that enough. We can’t do it all in only 7 hours. We need YOU to help out. Read with and/or to them EVERY night!
5. We love your child like they were our own. Your child is in great hands. We promise!