My little one absolutely LOVES this recipe! I always bake up a full pan at a time so I can cut it into pancake sticks and freeze servings for later. Straight from the freezer to the microwave — with a little maple syrup added — and this makes a very fast and flavorful breakfast! And especially at this time of year, varieties like cinnamon-banana are perfect for adding a little fall flavor into your day.
- 1 bag Bob’s Red Mill gluten free pancake mix
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups coconut milk (I like the sweetness it adds, any other milk will work too)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (I prefer Canola)
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Transfer into baking dish and cook for 30 minutes. Check with a fork or toothpick in the center, which should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes and slice into sticks. Combine about 5 sticks for each serving, wrap in tin foil or place in a freezer bag to store in the freezer. Makes about 80 sticks — roughly 16 servings.
I can usually have this full project done before nap time is over and feel so accomplished!