Guys, I’m in the major league… and I’m not talking about Major League Soccer! Although my foot work is pretty fancy. By “pretty fancy” I mean, I can pick up anything in my house off the floor using my toes. (I know, it’s impressive.) I’m in the MOM major league! Long gone are the days of wiping noses and singing nursery rhymes. Times are a-changing and things are a-growing.
My once tiny humans that filled my home with primary colored toys, diapers, and board books are now almost as tall as I am and filling my car with B.O. and attitude. Likely, their agendas and appetites are surpassing the grown ups under the same roof. Two things have become pretty serious in our house… grocery trips and sports calendars. Pushing a cart full of enough food to fuel this army should be an Olympic sport, and by the time we’ve tackled hours of practice and weekend tournaments, I feel like I should definitely get my own participation trophy at the very least.
The reason we’ve had to step it up (in a big way) in the sports department is because my kids are in their first years of competitive teams. I used to loved the days when my son and his adorable teammates swarmed around the soccer ball like bees on honey. Laughter would erupt from the sidelines when one of the kids scored in the wrong goal. No more, my friend. We have entered the next level. The parents are serious, the kids are focused, the coaches are aggressive. There are expectations, winners, and structure. It’s a natural evolution but dang, this tosses you into the MOM major league with both feet first. It’s sink or swim and not for the faint at heart.
Thankfully Post Cereal supports me and my soccer family. I used to be able to fill a baggie up with dry cereal on the way to a game and know my toddler’s tummy was satisfied. These days, my growing boy would call that an appetizer. That’s why I’ve stepped up the pre-game breakfasts with recipes like this one, using the same Cinnamon Pebbles ™ he’s always loved. I can make those muffins or even granola the night before and make those early AM call times.
With age comes responsibility and I’m trying to instill some independence while molding self-sufficient kiddos. This means I’ll bring the breakfast while they load the back of my MOMUV with the shin guards, the cleats, the uniforms, the balls, the chairs, and the kitchen sick. They don’t fight me tooth-n-nail to do the leg work because they know mama’s got the Post Cereal goods as their sweet reward.
Moving on up is all new territory for me and my kids. Thankfully, we still have the comfort that we’ve known since they were little, heck, since I was little… Honey Bunches of Oats®, Fruity Pebbles™, Pebbles™, and Cocoa Pebbles™. If that isn’t nostalgia enough, my big(ger) kids can even collect Topps MLS player card cut-outs that are on the backs of the limited edition MLS cereal boxes this summer. This sappy soccer mom is very grateful for that.
Since Post Cereals is the Official Cereal of Major League Soccer, all you soccer moms out there can join me in in the MOM major league as well. Three of you have the chance to win “Soccer Mom Survival Kits” featuring everything you see below! Not to mention, even more of you can win because Post Cereals is running a sweepstakes with Ibotta starting in July for a chance to win $25 or $100. All you have to do is buy two or four boxes to be entered into a drawing for gift cards. The great news is that all of the sign up is done within the app.
MLS All-Star Game Key Messages for Post Cereal
- Post Cereals is the official cereal of Major League Soccer
- Post supports soccer, from our partnership as the Official Cereal of Major League Soccer to youth teams and tournaments
- Stop by Post’s presence at the MLS All-Star Game Soccer Celebration presented by Tide on Wednesday, July 31, located on the south east side of Exploria Stadium. The experience is open before the game, from 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Post is hosting a family friendly experience where fans can test their soccer skills on a soccer dart game, take a picture in a giant cereal bowl filled with soccer balls, get your face painted to show team spirit and more!
- Post Cereals will be sampling a variety of cereal including Honey Bunches of Oats, Golden Crisp and Pebbles.
- Orlando City SC player Oriol Rosell will make an appearance at the experience at 4 p.m. Come by to get a signed player card!
- Fans who stop by are encouraged to share their experience on social media, using the hashtags #KickItWithPost and #MLSAllStar
- Why soccer? Like soccer, cereal is for everyone. Post has a wide variety of cereals that soccer fans and families love!
- From breakfast, to snacking and recipes, Post has a cereal for everyone. Fan favorites include:
- Honey Bunches of Oats is the perfect combination of crispy and sweet flakes, plus crunchy clusters, plus a touch of honey. It’s a cereal that adds up to a mouthful of joy because of the mix of flavors it has
- Pebbles cereal rocks! Amazing flavors, crispy crunchy rice, and iconic characters all come together perfectly to create a timeless breakfast classic
- Fruity Pebbles cereal is a sweetened crispy rice cereal with intense fruity flavor
- Cocoa Pebbles cereal is a sweetened crispy rice cereal for anyone who wants to start their day in a chocolatey way
- Golden Crisp is a sweetened puffed wheat cereal with a crunch. The ultimate late night snack, or breakfast.