Every new year I choose my word for the year…why just one word matters? This word inspires me, pushes me, reminds me of my plans for growth and development as a human, Christian, mom and wife.
My “word of the year” is front and center on my vision board too. This is my personal way of holding myself accountable and reminding me that I have a bigger plan and purpose for the year.
WHY does a WOTY matter?
Your word of the year is the most important word that you will focus on for 2023 and it can help you…
- Empower and motivate yourself
- Purposefully align with your goals
- Inspire and Impact others
- Create Community
This word is your North Star and should guide you. It should align with your personal growth intentions (also known to most people as goals).
If you’ve never chosen a WOTY, don’t fret…here are the steps that I take….
1. Brain Dump (journal it all out)
2. Choose a few words that spark deep thought/evokes deep feelings
3. Grab a thesaurus/dictionary (or your phone LOL) and get to work on the true meaning of the words you chose
4. Give yourself permission to change your mind
5. Sleep on it if you need to
6. Commit to your word
7. Decide what you need to do to execute your commitment to your word of the year
8. Plan out how you can align with your word in 2023
Remember, if you believe you can’t, you’re right.
Want to download our blank, Word of the Year printable?
Click the image below or click here!