Did you know that May is National Hamburger Month, National Barbecue Month and National Beef Month? This trifecta of holidays screams the perfect scenario to fire up the grill for some savory burgers! Burgers are the perfect way to kick off grilling season, they are quick and simple to prepare and you can dress them up or down to please all your family members and guests.
Whether you use a charcoal grill or a gas grill from doesn’t matter. What does matter is taking time to cook food properly. In order to do that, here are a few grilling tips to keep in mind:
- Choose your grill. If you’re looking for convenience, consider one of Globo Surf‘s 10 best portable grills. Portable bbq grills can change a good camping trip into a memorable one, and if you’re a sports fan, you know a good grill for tailgating is a must. A portable grill will make you the true MVP.
- Be sure you’re grilling on a clean surface. The best way to clean the metal grate is to use a wire brush and to brush when the grill is nice and hot.
- When you’re cooking high fatty foods, such as hamburgers and sausages, make sure to keep the flames low to prevent flare ups from the oil dripping into the flames.
- When cooking burgers, try to turn and flip burgers as little as possible. NEVER press down on burgers while on grill. This causes flare ups and releases all the grease or flavor.
- Hamburgers should be seared over high heat for 2 minutes on each side, and then add 2 to 3 minutes for every level of doneness (so add about 4 minutes for medium and 6 minutes for well done).
- Allow the meat to rest! Once the meat is cooked to desired temperature, allow it to rest for approx 5 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to absorb back into the meat.
Winn-Dixie has put together the perfect Ultimate Burger Guide to help new grillers wow their guests and novice grillers spice up their routine.
Memorial Day = Grilling
The true meaning of Memorial Day celebrations can often be lost among the excitement of the holiday weekend, but as a national holiday it is important to recognize the true meaning of the day.
Winn-Dixie knows that our customers love to honor all who have served our country in a variety of ways. To show our appreciation for Memorial Day and those honorable men and women, Winn-Dixie will be donating $1 to the USO for every bunch of premium dozen roses sold.
For those planning to host celebrations to honor the many freedoms that American servicemen and women have defended, Winn-Dixie will have backyard grilling essentials, including award-winning apple pie, watermelon, hamburgers, steaks and more all at a great price to ensure customers have the opportunity to host honorable celebrations this Memorial Day. Now through Monday, May 28
Enjoy, and Happy Grilling!